Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders… all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request an Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
Over 200 supported cities including NYC, Chicago, Washington DC, LA, SF, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and many more across North America, Europe, Australia and NZ. Check below for a partial list.
👉Google Play Picks👈
📰 'Killer App' – WSJ📰
⏰“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” – LA Times⏰
🏆”MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit” – Boston Globe🏆
🗽NYC MTA App Quest Award Winner🗽
🚆Elected Official App of Toronto Transit Commission — TTC/blogTO🚆
– Know when your next subway or bus is arriving with real-time predictions
– Plan A-to-B trips with ease. Even offline.
– See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.
– Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
– Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route.
– Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.
– View schedules and route itineraries.
– Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
– Check ETAs for the closest Uber, Lyft or VIA and request a ride.
– Find nearby carshare vehicles and book one.
– Support for all transportation modes: bus / metro / subway / light rail / streetcar / train / ridehail / bikeshare / scooters / ferry
Here is a partial list of supported agencies and cities ( full list: transitapp.com/region)
Atlanta: MARTA*, CCT, GRTA
Austin: Capital Metro*
Boston: MBTA*, Hubway
Chicago: CTA*, Metra*, PACE, NICTD, Divvy
Cincinnati: Metro*, TANK
Columbus: COTA*, CoGo
Dallas: DART, Fort Worth T
Hampton Roads: HRT
Hartford (and CT): CTTransit, CTFastrak*
Las Vegas: RTC*
Los Angeles: LA Metro*, Metrolink, OCTA*, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Foothill*, Big Blue Bus*, Glendale Beeline*
Miami: MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail, Citibike
Minneapolis: Metro Transit*, MVTA, Plymouth*, SouthWest*, U. Minnesota*, Nice Ride
NYC Metro: New York MTA*, Metro-North (MNR)*, Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)*, NJ Transit (NJT)*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway*, SIR* CitiBike
Philadelphia: SEPTA*, PATCO, Indego
Phoenix: Valley Metro*
Pittsburgh: Port Authority (PAAC)*
SLC: UTA*, GREENbike
San Diego: MTS*, NCTD*
SF Bay Area: SF BART*, SFMTA (SF MUNI)*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, SamTrans, Bay Wheels
Seattle: Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Pronto
Tampa Bay: HART*, PSTA
Washington DC: WMATA (DC Metro & Bus)*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington (ART)*, Fairfax Connector, VRE*, DASH, Capital Bike Share
+20 more cities!
Montréal: STM*, RTL*, STL*, EXO*, MRC, CIT, Bixi
Ottawa: OC Transpo*, STO*
Toronto (GTA): TTC*, GO Transit*, York (YRT/VIVA)*, Guelph, HSR*, Grand River (GRT), Brampton (BT), MiWay*, Burlington, Oakville, Durham (DRT)*, Bike Share Toronto
Vancouver: TransLink*, SkyTrain
Victoria: BC Transit
+ 10 more cities!
🏄Australia & NZ🏄
*includes real-time info (eg bus time & subway time in NYC, bus tracker & train tracker in Chicago, NextBus in SF, etc)
Welcome to Transit: stay-at-home-if-you-can edition! Our team is making sure:
1. you have the most up-to-date info for public transit in the app, as agencies make changes in response to coronavirus
2. when life *is* back to normal, your app is better than ever before
Per #2: say hello to STATION ENTRANCES. Which exit should you head for, after getting off the train? Live in some cities. More on the way.
PS: Bored at home? Let’s play chess: bit.ly/transitchess
PPS: Rate us 5 stars if you can!