Get the weekly edition of The Economist magazine delivered to your phone.
Free to download, with a small selection of articles available to read without charge each week. Subscribers receive full access to the entire weekly edition, with downloadable audio narration available for all articles.
The Economist is an award-winning, trusted filter on global affairs, offering in-depth analysis of everything from business, finance and politics to science, technology and economics. It covers every region of the world and a panoramic range of issues, from the US election race and the rise of automation in the workplace to the economic impact of the climate crisis and the case for legalising drugs.
– The full weekly edition of The Economist magazine, available from 4pm Eastern time/ 9pm UK time each Thursday
– Audio version read by professional broadcasters
– The World In, The Economist’s annual round-up of the year ahead
– 1843, The Economist’s ideas, culture and lifestyle magazine
– Access to previous editions, online or offline
– Bookmarks for your favourite articles
– Single issues or subscriptions available
* Subscribe in-app and take advantage of our introductory subscription offers
* At the end of the introductory term, the subscription will automatically renew on to a quarterly subscription at the standard price. Annual subscriptions are also available
* You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by Google. Payment is charged to your Play Store account upon confirmation of purchase
* All subscriptions automatically renew. Your account will be charged 24 hours before the renewal date, at a cost of £44.99/$45.99/€69.99 (for a quarterly subscription) or £159.99/$189.99/€229.99 (for an annual subscription)
* You can cancel your subscription from your Play Store account settings at any time but you must turn off auto-renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again
At The Economist, we’re prioritising the health and well-being of our staff which means there will be delay in publishing the audio edition to the app and website. We expect the audio content to be published, at the latest, by 10pm UK Time on Thursdays.
For more information, please see our regularly updated FAQs for COVID-19 in settings, FAQ