SideSqueeze+ is an app that brings extended functionality to your Galaxy device, helping you to do more with it. The primary feature of SideSqueeze+ is detecting both squeeze and press gestures via the analysis of barometric sensor pressure data. However with the addition of the Plus module, additional functionality has been added, such as: fingerprint unlock vibration (for both front and back fingerprint scanners), face/iris unlock vibration, customizable fingerprint unlock actions (start the camera when you unlock with a certain finger, etc), power button long-press, various volume button combinations, S-Pen double click remap, S-Pen global air override (wave your pen at any time to perform home/back/recents/etc).
If you are not interested in squeezing/pressing and would like to use this app just for the Plus module features listed above, simply switch off both squeeze and press detection. This will completely suspend the analysis engine, and leave the Plus module functionality intact.
SideSqueeze+ values your privacy. It does not contain ads, nor does it collect or harvest your data. It doesn't even request permission to access the internet.
The squeeze/press functionality is only compatible with (most) weather-sealed Galaxy phones from 2017 onward. Unfortunately every phone (and case that it's in) is unique. Some devices, even of the same model, are more sensitive than others, and harder cases can add another variable by absorbing more of your squeeze. Be sure to perform a calibration as soon as you install this app, and if you would like more information, check out the “Analyzer” tab in the app for a visual representation of your gesture. Please be advised: SideSqueeze+ may have trouble working with extremely bulky cases.
For the Plus module to work (as well as certain actions), a command has to be run from a computer via Android Developer Bridge (adb). Instructions can be found from within the app on the Help tab. This step only needs to be performed once.
– Efficient pressure detection engine, designed to be lightweight with no noticeable impact on battery life (note: The Plus module uses no power)
– 7 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, long double-squeeze, and inertial)
– 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
– Plus module adds up to 9 more things depending upon your device (Fingerprint Scan Vibration, Fingerprint Unlock Actions, Face/Iris Unlock Vibration, Power Button Long Press, Volume Up + Power Button, Volume Down + Power Button, Both Volume Button Together, S-Pen Double Click, S-Pen Global Air Overrides)
– Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to almost all trigger types (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S-Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
– App picker to launch any app
– Tasker integration to launch any task
– Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
– Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
– Calibration assistant to customize SideSqueeze+ to your device's unique characteristics
– Squeeze/press analyzer to help you diagnose any problems you may encounter
+ Removes the trial reminder at every boot
+ Triple squeezes
+ Quadruple squeezes
+ Long double-squeezes
+ Ability to choose a custom app to launch
+ Ability to choose a custom Tasker task to perform
+ Ability to send/start SMS to a custom recipient
+ All contextual actions, also called criteria (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S-Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
+ Fingerprint double-vibration
+ Face/iris vibration & double-vibration
+ Assign all 4 fingerprint actions
+ Override all 6 air gestures
+ Support continued development
+ Any future functionality
+ Never any ads
– Added Volume Button Roll (up-to-down)
– Added Volume Button Roll (down-to-up)
– Added Dual Volume Button Double Press
– Added Dual Volume Button Triple Press
– Increased Plus module reliability
– Fixed more UI issues